Business is concerned with the sale of goods or services for a profit. This module discusses the role and structure of the credit department in a business setting from strategic and organizational points of view. It also covers the credit department’s goals and the relationships between the various departments. The daily activities of the credit department including collections are described.
After viewing this module, students should understand:
- Why credit is a function of business.
- The strategic role of credit.
- Where credit typically fits within the business organization.
- The role of credit in financial management.
- The role of credit in the operating cycle.
- The goals and core activities of a credit department.
Toni Drake brings over 30 years of oil and gas credit experience to the table. Toni holds a CCE, NACM’s most prestigious designation. After earning her CCE, she went on to attend and excel at NACM’s Graduate School of Credit and Financial Management to further her education in the field of credit. Toni continues to support the credit profession as a speaker and instructor at events like NACM’s annual Credit Congress.